The 30th East Asian Insurance Congress (EAIC) will take place from 30 August to 2 September 2020 in Seoul, says the organising committee for the next Congress.
The last time the EAIC was held in Seoul was in 1994 when the 17th EAIC was staged.
The Seoul Organising Committee is bustling up to ensure that the 2020 event will be successful and unforgettable. “Especially, with the year 2020 entering into a new decade, the 30th EAIC will serve as an opportunity to enable opinion leaders to discuss the visions and strategies that will guide our industry for the next 10 years,” said the Committee in a statement.
The EAIC was founded in 1962 in Tokyo with the goal of exploring ways to advance the Asian insurance industry and gather insight on how to tackle challenges of the times. The EAIC brings together over 1,000 leaders across all walks of the insurance sector including insurers, reinsurers, brokers, regulators, academia, media, and related organisations to share expertise and experience while promoting multilateral exchange and collaboration.
Contact details of the Seoul Organising Committee are:
- +82-2-3702-8657 (Ms Hyun-hee LEE)
- +82-2-3702-8660 (Mr Byeong-gweon JU)
- +82-2-2262-6652 (Ms Susie LEE)
- +82-2-2262-6529 (Mr Byung-hyun MIN)
- Korea Life Insurance Association (KLIA)
- General Insurance Association of Korea (GIAK)
Official Media Partner: Asia Insurance Review
Venue: COEX, InterContinental Seoul COEX, Samsung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Main features of 30th EAIC:
- Experience and insight sharing with invited speakers from insurers, international organisations, academia, policymakers, and experts
- Presentations and discussions about sustainable growth of the insurance industry
- Participants' performance, awards ceremony and banquet
- Networking opportunity with industry leaders.
The EAIC is held every two years, with the hosting of the event rotated among its member cities. The last Congress was held in Manila last year.