This year, Thai General Insurance Association (TGIA) is going to commemorate our 50th Anniversary. TGIA was established from the merger of 3 prominent associations back in 1967; namely Thai Insurers Association, Foreign Insurers Association and Chinese Insurers Association. We have been serving as a central organization that promotes and supports the non-life insurance industry as a socio-economic pillar of our nation over the past 50 years. With our current 60 member companies contributing a total expected direct premium income of Baht 219,000 million (US$ 6,441 million) in 2017, achieving a new milestone to be one of the leading non-life insurance markets in ASEAN.
Through our 4 key-pillar strategies, TGIA is driving our mission with the following stakeholders:
- Building public awareness and understanding of financial risk management via non-life insurance and promoting them as the 5th factor in the lives of people.
- Fostering public confidence in and respect for Thai non-life insurance industry.
Government Agencies and Other Organizations
- Uplifting and enhancing the role of Thai non-life insurance business as a professional risk manager for the government sector.
- Coordinating, negotiating and expanding cooperation with government agencies and other related organizations.
- Expanding cooperation, improving coordination and strengthening good relationships with the regulator.
- Promoting self-regulation among the insurance industry.
- Building stability, developing the quality and standards of ethical conduct.
- Promoting and developing human capital as well as developing researches to support and respond to changes in the insurance business and lifestyle in Thailand 4.0 era.
This historical 50 years of journey is a testimony of our relentless efforts in moving forward the insurance industry that contributing to the sound development and sustainable economy of our nation.
It is an auspicious moment to celebrate this Golden Jubilee...
Memorandum of Understanding on Insurance Bureau System (IBS) 28th August 2017
Trade Association Prestige Award 2016-2017
6th Young Non-life Insurers Camp for Undergraduates
National Rice Insurance Top Up Scheme – Training for the Trainers Program