- Opening Address by Conference Chairman
- Status Address: A 360 degree view of Myanmar Insurance market
- Special Address: The dawn of a new era with new JVs and more local insurers in the market
- Official Keynote Address: The role of insurance in protecting Myanmarese
- International Keynote Address: How are foreign players bringing in new technology and expertise to disrupt the market?
- Special Address: Developing microinsurance for the economically vulnerable in Myanmar
Special Panel Discussion: Living higher-quality lives with life and health insurance
- With the new licences just awarded, there is a new future for the life market. Can the industry rise to boost the higher expectations of the people living longer and being healthier. The panel will look at the major hurdles to be overcome and the solutions in offering lasting solutions overcoming issues of price and affordability, accessibility and cultural challenges.
Panel Discussion: Myanmar before the gold rush: Getting in the market before all the opportunities are gone
- Increasing awareness and understanding of insurance in Myanmar (a IKBZ market survey found only 17% were familiar with the concept of insurance)
- The implications of the global insurance landscape for Myanmar?
- How can locals and global player partner one another to capitalise resources and tap on opportunities?
Increased economic growth drives demand for general insurance
- As Myanmar’s economy grows, the purchase of assets such as property and motor vehicles will increase and the demand for protecting these assets will rise too
Managing NAT CAT risks in Myanmar
- Myanmar faces high exposure to a range of natural hazards including cyclones, earthquakes, floods, landslides, tsunamis, and volcanoes. These hazards are accompanied by high economic and social costs which leaves the largest impact on the poor and most vulnerable
- Widespread flooding and landslides caused heavy losses in 2019
- Losses are mostly uninsured
Embarking on digital transformation
- With a wide array of global InsurTech solutions available, insurers in Myanmar are able to cherry pick the best solutions to leverage
- How is InsurTech helping in attracting more digital-savvy Myanmarese to purchase insurance?
Best ways to improve insurance accessibility
- Simplifying access to insurance products (the insurance penetration is estimated at less than 0.1% of GDP)
- Distributing insurance via agents, online, banks (bancassurance)
- How regulations affects distribution?
Panel Discussion: Women in the Myanmar insurance market
- Diversity and inclusion efforts among insurers
- Attracting and retaining women insurance professionals
The lure of Myanmar to foreign insurers. Case Study on Japan
Myanmar in Asean: Lessons from other ASEAN markets
- Insurance case studies from the Philippines/ Indonesia/ Thailand/ Vietnam
Panel Discussion: Paving the way for product innovation
- Insurers have a lot of opportunities to introduce novel insurance products to a nascent insurance market (including products that did not take off in other markets)
- Insurance can be an add-on product in e-commerce purchases including online shopping and ride hailing
Panel Discussion: How can reinsurers help to bridge the protection gap
- The crucial need of reinsurance for insurers
- Opportunities for foreign reinsurers to partner
- Upcoming regulations on reinsurance
Panel Discussion: Preparing the next generation of insurance talent in Myanmar
- Building technical expertise and qualified human resources
- Investing in insurance education
- Hurdles in attracting talent