Jun 2019

Read the latest edition of AIR and MEIR as an Interactive e-book

Laos: Sompo Japan forms partnership with Lao-Viet

Source: Asia Insurance Review | Mar 2017

Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance has entered into a comprehensive partnership with Lao-Viet Insurance, Laos’ second-largest non-life insurer.
   The Tokyo-based non-life insurer will refer its Japanese and Thai customers to Lao-Viet, in addition to reinsuring Lao-Viet’s policies, reported The Nikkei. The partners will offer fire insurance, product liability insurance and construction insurance for infrastructure projects, among other products.
   Lao-Viet is a joint business of two state-backed banks: the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam group, which holds a 65% stake, and Banque Pour Le Commerce Exterieur Lao Public, which owns the other 35%.
   Lao-Viet controls roughly a quarter of the non-life insurance market in Laos.
| Print | Share

Note that your comment may be edited or removed in the future, and that your comment may appear alongside the original article on websites other than this one.


Recent Comments

There are no comments submitted yet. Do you have an interesting opinion? Then be the first to post a comment.