Tag Search Result

Show result per page
Page 1 of 59

Pensions & Annuities tag returned 584 results

  • Build a healthy, wealthy and happy retirement!

    Entering the retirement phase and reaping its various benefits is something that everyone looks forward to experiencing. However, without adequate savings or a strong retirement corpus, enjoying your golden years can be a tad bit hard. Financial preparedness and a thorough understanding of one's requirements are crucial aspects to evaluate during retirement. Here's a quick guide to planning your retirement, ensuring you avoid any financial instabilities during your 'second innings'.

    Agents | 30 Nov 2021
  • Australia: Under-developed post-retirement market is an opportunity for life insurers

    Although multiple studies have shown that leaving a bequest is one of the lowest money management priorities for retirees, many die still holding around 90% of the assets they had when they retired - chiefly because they fear running out of money, rather than being driven by a desire to live frugally.

    Asia | 23 Nov 2021
  • Pakistan: Postal Life Insurance is first life company to manage private pension funds

    The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has granted permission to life insurance company, Postal Life Insurance Company, to manage private pension funds under the Voluntary Pension System (VPS). The move is part of SECP's reform agenda for the development of the private pension and annuity market in Pakistan.

    Asia | 22 Nov 2021
  • Australia: APRA issues finalised guidance on insurance in superannuation

    The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) has finalised revisions to requirements and guidance relating to insurance in superannuation following extensive industry consultation over two years.

    Asia | 18 Nov 2021
  • Australia: Superannuation advocacy group urges retirement funds to drop junk insurance

    Super Consumers Australia (SCA) is urging several superannuation funds to dump junk insurance terms that are putting Australians at risk.

    Asia | 11 Nov 2021
  • Indians plan for retirement when they have surplus money

    A high proportion of Indians do not have a retirement plan ready, with only 52% of the respondents to a survey saying that they know how much they need for retirement. The remaining 48% do not have any awareness of their retirement funding, according to the PGIM Retirement Readiness Survey.

    Asia | 09 Nov 2021
  • India: Govt looks into inclusive system for retirement income

    The central government is considering launching a drive to provide retirement benefit cover to nearly 380m people in the uncovered workforce in the country, so as to narrow the gap between higher life expectancy and lack of retirement income support.

    Asia | 08 Nov 2021
  • India: Govt expected to table Bill to separate pension trust from regulator

    The government is likely to introduce a financial sector Bill next month to enable the separation of the National Pension System Trust (NPS) from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).

    Asia | 27 Oct 2021
  • Saudi Arabia: Retirement income system's ranking pushed down by newcomers to Global Pension Index

    Saudi Arabia's retirement income system has been ranked the 26th best among the 43 systems worldwide covered this year by the Mercer CFA Institute Global Pension Index. This represents a fall of three places from 23rd position in 2020 out of 39 systems ranked that year.

    Middle East | 26 Oct 2021
  • Indonesia: Retirement income system dips on Global Pension Index

    Indonesia's retirement income system has been ranked in the 35th position among the 43 systems worldwide covered this year by the Mercer CFA Institute Global Pension Index. This represents a fall of five places from 30th position in 2020 out of 39 systems ranked that year.

    Asia | 26 Oct 2021

    Follow Asia Insurance Review