Global: Top priorities for boards in 2019
Source: Asia Insurance Review | Mar 2019
In today’s world of unrelenting disruption and innovation, a company’s board plays a more active role in overseeing strategy and risk management. Digital and emerging technologies, industry convergence and workforce transformation, shifting consumer attitudes, increased climate risk, diminishing trust in organisations, political polarisation, rising income inequality and various other megatrends are shaping the business environment.
To help boards navigate the challenges ahead, the EY Centre for Board Matters has come up with five priorities for 2019, along with questions for boards to consider.
Five priorities for 2019
- Embrace the duality of strategy
- Transform the governance of risk management
- Accelerate the talent agenda and activate culture as a strategic asset
- Strengthen communication and engagement with stakeholders
- Continue to enhance board performance A