LIMRA and LOMA announced the election of Mr Michael J. Doughty, president and CEO, Manulife Canada, as chair of the LL Global board of directors for 2018. Mr Doughty succeeds Mr Rino D'Onofrio, president and CEO, RBC Life Insurance Company.
Mr Brandon D. Carter, chairman and president, USAA Life Insurance Company, was elected vice chair and will succeed Doughty as chair in 2019.
The LL Global board provides oversight and guidance to LIMRA and LOMA, ensuring that the research and education programs they create provide value to member companies.
Seven new members were elected to the board this year for three-year terms:
- Christopher A. Carlson, vice chairman, strategic businesses, Ohio National Financial Services, Inc.
- Michael Concannon, executive vice president, group benefits, The Hartford
- William Gaumond, chief financial officer, Allianz Life Insurance Co. of North America
- Alison R. Reed, executive vice president, operations, Jackson National Life Distributors LLC
- Doyle J. Williams, CLU, CPCU, ChFC, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, COUNTRY Financial
- Brian Winikoff, senior executive director, head of U.S. life, retirement and wealth management, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Ke Zhang, chief executive officer, Taiping Life Insurance
The board announcement was made at the 2017 LIMRA Annual Conference, on October 23. On Jan. 1, 2010, LIMRA and LOMA merged under the umbrella of LL Global, Inc., which provides a unified management structure. LL Global is a not-for-profit trade association with operating divisions LIMRA and LOMA. LL Global provides a unified management and board structure for both trade associations. LIMRA and LOMA have a combined membership of more than 1,200 insurance and financial services companies worldwide.