Read the latest edition of AIR and MEIR as an Interactive e-book

Aug 2022

Despite widespread concerns over data security, half of firms lack cyber security officers

Source: Asia Insurance Review | Feb 2020

According to new research from security company White Hat Security almost 50% of the coding and development teams surveyed lack a dedicated cyber security expert.
The research found that although nearly three quarters of developers worry about the security of their applications and 85% rank security as very important in the coding and development process, nearly half of their teams lack a dedicated cyber security expert.
White Hat Security surveyed 103 technology professionals in November 2019, and while 57% felt their teams had the right application security tools in place to incorporate security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC), 14% did not feel that they have been given the proper solutions to do so.
A detailed report about the research published on the website for those respondents who do use application security tools, 33% scan for vulnerabilities daily, 29% weekly and 20% monthly. This implies that 82% scan their applications monthly at a minimum. The remaining 18% scanned either quarterly, annually or at random.
The research, however, found that 43% of respondents still focus on meeting application release deadlines over security. Often, pressures to deliver a functional application by the deadline dates cause coders to take security shortcuts or disregard it altogether, it said.
However, 57% of the respondents realise that application security should be an important part of the SDLC and are prioritising security practices over demanding deadlines.
On the other hand, more than half (52%) of participants have experienced burnout as a result of the intense pressures to deliver applications on time – and securely. A 
| Print | Share

Note that your comment may be edited or removed in the future, and that your comment may appear alongside the original article on websites other than this one.


Recent Comments

There are no comments submitted yet. Do you have an interesting opinion? Then be the first to post a comment.